Chicken soup is not just soup. It is a memory from childhood, a lifesaver and the best medicine for a cold. So she becomes very good.
Chicken soup is the basis of many dishes, but it is also the star of the soup – if it is well prepared. With what appears to be a simple recipe, there are three pitfalls to be aware of and avoid.
A simple recipe for chicken soup
Chicken soup is actually easy to make. You need:
- 1 chicken for soup
- 2 bunches of greens for soup (carrot, celery, leek, parsley)
- 1 onion
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon of black peppercorns
- 4 medium carrots
- 200 g of peas, frozen
- 200 g of soup noodles
- 0.5 bunches of flat parsley
How to prepare chicken soup:
- If necessary, peel and chop the greens.
- Cut the onion in half, but do not peel it, then fry the cut side in a pan without fat until golden brown. Then remove and set aside.
- Remove the back from the finished chicken for soup, which contains a lot of unnecessary fat.
- Place the chicken in a large pot and cover with water.
- Boil the water and cook the chicken for about five minutes, then drain the water, rinse the chicken and return it to the cleaned pot. This way, the soup remains nice and clear.
- Now pour three liters of water and add diced greens and roasted onions.
- Add spices and simmer over low heat for about two hours. Place the lid on the pot at an angle so that the steam can escape.
And now three steps that you should do a little differently than before.
Tip 1: Don’t let the chicken cook all the way through
Halfway through the cooking time, remove the soup chicken from the soup and separate the breast meat from the bone. Set aside and return the remaining chicken to the pot and continue cooking. At the end of the cooking time, take the chicken out of the soup again. Clean the chicken for the soup completely, chop all the meat, including the chicken breast, and return the meat to the soup. Use this trick to prevent it Meat, especially chicken breast, completely dry and tough becomes. It stays juicy and tender, making your chicken soup a treat in no time.
Also a classic: You must try this delicious potato soup today.
Tip 2: Add fresh vegetables at the end
If you add the vegetables to the soup right at the beginning, it will give a lot of flavor, but it will be completely cooked. Proceed by adding soup vegetables and save the extra carrots and peas until the soup is almost done is. Depending on the thickness of the slices, add carrots 10 to 15 minutes before the end of cooking, frozen peas need even less time. Letting them thaw in the hot broth for about five minutes is enough here.
also read: This quick pumpkin soup has a delicious twist.
Tip 3: Cook the soup noodles separately
Many also like it in hot chicken soup a large portion of soup noodles swims. The soup is also quite filling. Of course, the easiest way to cook soup noodles is directly in hot soup. But that’s a problem if you want to reheat the chicken soup a day later – that’s when it’s tastiest, by the way. the Then boil the noodles and become unpalatable. A simple solution: cook them Soup noodles especially in salt water and add directly to every plate you eat. So you don’t have to do without pasta and you can enjoy it at its best.