Along with peas, beans and peanuts, lentils are also a healthy legume. They are rich in nutrients such as protein and iron. That’s why they’re perfect for anyone who doesn’t eat meat. In addition, lentils are gluten-free. This aromatic lentil soup is a healthy combination of vegetables and legumes. It offers a nutritious and delicious dish, especially for vegans and people with celiac disease.
Ingredients (for six servings)
- 200 grams of red lentils
- 3 carrots
- 4 small or 2 large potatoes
- 2 onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons of oil for frying
- 1.5 liters of boiling water
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 teaspoon of sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon of chili
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 0.5 teaspoons of oregano
- 0.5 teaspoons of mountain cumin
- 0.5 teaspoons of thyme
kitchen utensils and tools
- cutting board
- vegetable peeler
- a large pot
- a spoon or something for mixing
- Hand blender or blender
1. Peel and wash the vegetables. Cut the carrot and potato into cubes. Finely chop the onion and garlic cloves.
2. Wash the lenses thoroughly under running water.
3. Heat the oil in a large pot. Sauté chopped onion and garlic cloves in a pan for two minutes.
4. Add the tomato paste and simmer for another two minutes.
5. Add carrots, potatoes and lentils and mix all ingredients.
6. Deglaze with boiling water and cook over medium heat for about 10 to 15 minutes until the vegetables and lentils are cooked.
7. Beat into a puree with an immersion blender and add all the spices. Taste and season if necessary.
8. Enjoy warm with a bun or a slice of bread.
Advice: If you like it particularly spicy, you can season the lentil soup with dark soy sauce.