Fine pumpkin soup: These ingredients make it especially creamy
Author: Clara Danneberg
On cold days, warm pumpkin soup is just the thing. Unlike the classic variant with cream, this recipe for pumpkin soup is prepared with coconut milk and is therefore suitable for a vegan diet.
Which type of pumpkin is best for soup?
Because you are fat Hokkaido can be used together with the peel, pumpkin is ideal for soup. But you can also use the pulp of other varieties to cook aromatic pumpkin soup.
Other types of pumpkin suitable for soup:
- bishop’s hat
- blue ballet
- a delicacy
- A long way from Naples
This simple potato soup is so delicious: a quick recipe for a classic soup!
When buying, make sure that the pumpkin does not have yellow, sunken or moldy spots.
If you’ve found the perfect pumpkin, be sure to try pumpkin soup with coconut milk and ginger Try TAG24.
You can find more ideas and instructions for cooking the finest soups and stews on the topic page Soups.
Pumpkin soup with coconut milk and ginger: recipe
Filling and warming, pumpkin and coconut soup with ginger is just the thing for autumn. The preparation is very simple. You need a knife for peeling and cutting, ribeyes, a pot and a blender.
Pumpkin and coconut soup Ingredients
The listed ingredients are enough for four servings of pumpkin and coconut soup:
- 650 g pumpkin pulp (e.g. Hokkaido)
- two potatoes
- 600 ml of vegetable soup
- 400 ml of coconut milk
- onion (large)
- 2 teaspoons ginger (fresh)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
Pumpkin and coconut soup | preparation
1. Step: Peel the squash and potatoes and cut them into cubes. Finely chop the onion. Peel and finely grate the ginger.
2. Step: Sauté onion and pumpkin cubes in oil. Now add potatoes and ginger. Pour soup over everything, boil briefly and cook for 20 minutes.
3. Step: Now puree the soup and add coconut milk. The aromatic coconut milk makes the pumpkin soup especially creamy. Heat and season with salt, pepper and curry. If desired, you can decorate the soup with fried pumpkin seeds or pumpkin oil.
Looking for more refinement in your pumpkin soup? Get inspired: these 3 insider tips will spice up any boring pumpkin soup
TAG24 wishes you good luck and good luck!
Cover photo: 123rf / fahrwasser