eat and drink – for every day
Pumpkin and mango lentil soup
Dream pairings in a pot – flavor combinations that go together: Pumpkin-mango-lentil soup
Tasty and quick recipes for everyday use
Dream pairings in a pot – flavor combinations that go together: appetizer
Pumpkin, mango and lentil soup by Meta Hiltebrand and Ludwig Heer
Show from May 25, 2020: “Dream couples in the cooking pot – flavor combinations that go together” – you can watch the whole show on TV Now here: https://www.tvnow.de/shows/essen-und -trinken -fuer-jeden -tag-17337
Preparation time: 25 minutes plus cooling time
ingredients for 4 people
- 2 onions
- 200 g Hokkaido pumpkin
- 1 mango
- 50 grams of red lentils
- 1 teaspoon of tomato paste
- chili flakes
- 700 ml of vegetable stock
- 1 bunch of coriander
- 1 organic lime
Recommendations of our partners
- Dice the onion. Roughly grate the pumpkin. Peel the mango and cut the flesh into small pieces.
- Heat some oil in a pot and sauté the onion in it. Add lentils, grated pumpkin and tomato puree and saute briefly. Season with chili.
- Deglaze with vegetable broth, add mango and bring to a boil. Simmer on medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- Coarsely chop the coriander. Finely grate the lime peel and squeeze out the juice.
- Mash the soup very finely with a fork and season with lime zest, lime juice, salt and pepper. Serve sprinkled with coriander.