Warm up in winter with warm soup and at least mentally go on a trip to Italy? Here you will find a recipe for green minestrone – a popular Italian vegetable soup that fills you up and warms you from the inside.
In the cold season, there are a number of culinary things you can do to warm yourself up. For example with delicious soups that warm your heart from the inside. Italian cuisine in particular offers delicious soup recipes, such as potato soup from Bella Italia or creamy gnocchi and tomato soup. Read below how to cook the recipe for green minestrone.
Spain and Greece also offer delicious soups, such as chorizo potato soup or gyros soup with homemade gyro spices.
For warm green minestrone from Italy you need the following ingredients
For vegetable soup:
- 1 carrot
- 1/4 celery
- 500 g of ice cubes
- 2 small onions
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 large onion
- 1 fennel bulb
- 1 clove of garlic
- 4 green tomatoes
- 1 red tomato
- 2 grains of allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon of cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon peppercorns
- 1/2 leek
- 100 g of Swiss chard
- 200 grams of peas
- 100 g of soup noodles
- 1/4 bunch of basil
- 1/4 bunch of oregano
- 3 spears of green asparagus
For Parmesan Sunflower Crumble:
- 50 g of Parmesan cheese
- 100 g of sunflower seeds
You will also need the zest of two limes and a quarter of a bunch of mint.
Don’t want to miss any more recipes and kitchen tricks?
Click here for the gourmet newsletter of our partner Merkur.de
How to prepare warm Italian green minestrone vegetable soup for cold winter days
- Wash, peel and dice the carrot and celery. Place both in a pot with about three liters of water and ice cubes and let the vegetable soup simmer over low heat. Then peel and cut the onion in half and fry it in a pan for 5 to 10 minutes. Then add the roasted onion to the vegetable soup and let it simmer gently for about 20 minutes. Do not forget to remove the foam regularly. At the end, remove the vegetables, and strain the vegetable stock through a thick strainer and season with salt and pepper.
- In the meantime, you can clean and cut the vegetables for the minestrone. Heat the olive oil in a large pot and add the onion, fennel and garlic to sauté. Green and red tomatoes are also stewed in the pot, as well as allspice, cloves, peppercorns, leeks and Swiss chard.
- Then deglaze the vegetable pot with two liters of homemade vegetable stock and let everything boil for a short while, then cook on medium heat for a quarter of an hour. Then add the peas, pasta, herbs and asparagus and let the minestrone cook for another five minutes.
- For the Parmesan Sunflower Crumble, preheat the oven to 165 degrees Celsius for fan oven (185 degrees Celsius for top and bottom heat). Finely grate the Parmesan cheese and put it in a bowl. Also, crush the sunflower seeds and mix them with Parmesan cheese. Place the Parmesan and sunflower seed mixture on a baking sheet lined with baking paper and bake for about ten minutes, until the Parmesan and sunflower crumble are crispy and golden brown.
Serve green minestrone with parmesan sunflower crumble, lime zest and mint leaves. Homemade Mediterranean bread with olives goes well with it.