eat and drink – for every day
Lentil soup with chicken skewers
Nothing for the bourgeois? Yes!: Lentil soup with chicken skewers
Tasty and quick recipes for everyday use
Nothing for the bourgeois? Yes!: an appetizer
Ingredients for 2 people
- 10 g of fresh ginger
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 80 grams of red lentils
- 500 ml of chicken broth
- 2 young onions
- 1 chicken breast fillet (250 g)
- 2 pinches of chili flakes
- 1 drop of lime juice
In the Appendix:
Recommendations of our partners
- Peel the ginger and chop it into small cubes together with the onion and clove of garlic.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a saucepan and sauté until translucent.
- Briefly saute the lentils, add salt and pepper. Deglaze with chicken broth and let it boil. Cook on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Clean and wash the spring onions and cut them into 3 cm pieces. Cut the chicken breast fillet lengthwise into 4 strips, then into cubes of the same size.
- Thread on 4 wooden skewers alternately with spring onions. Fry any leftover meat later and add it to the soup.
- If the soup has boiled too much, add a little water. Puree the soup with a food processor and season with chili flakes and a little lime juice.
- Season the chicken skewers with salt and pepper, sauté them in a greased pan with 1 tablespoon of oil on high heat and cook on medium heat for approx. 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Place the soup on a plate and serve with chicken skewers.