Making vegan lentil soup is not difficult. It’s a good appetizer, but with a piece of bread and a full main meal. In this article you will find a simple basic recipe.
Vegan lentil soup contains a lot vegetable proteins and it is very filling. Lentils are rich fiber and contain many minerals and trace elements such as iron, magnesium and potassium. Since lentils can be kept dry and dark for a long time, you get the small ones legumes on sale throughout the year.
Vegan lentil soup: recipe
For 4 servings of vegan lentil soup, you need the following ingredients as a starter:
- 250 g lenses (mountain lentils or beluga lentils)
- 300 g of vegetables for soup (leek, carrot and celery or depending on the season and taste)
- 2-3 potatoes
- 1 onion
- 2-3 tablespoons of oil
- 1 liter of water
- black pepper
- 1 bunch of parsley
If you want to puree the soup, you will need an immersion blender.
- soaking time: 6-12 hours
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Preparation time: 30-40 minutes
Use the food for vegan lentil soup organic stamp: They do not contain synthetic chemicals pesticides and they come from organic farming.
Additionally, you should if possible regional products buy. They have shorter transport routes and therefore leave a smaller footprint Carbon footprint. You can get vegetables for soup freshly picked or regionally stored almost all year round. You can find more information about the seasons of different types of vegetables at Utopia seasonal calendar.
This is how to prepare vegan lentil soup
Suitable for vegan lentil soup beluga lentils or mountain lentils are especially good. Red lentils use them only if you want to puree the soup because they break down easily.
Preparing vegan lentil soup is very simple:
- First you have to Soak the lentils. Wash them thoroughly and soak them in plenty of water overnight.
- Discard the lentils that float to the top as they are probably inedible.
- Remove the leek root and dark, dry leaves. Cut it in half lengthwise and then wash it. Slice the leeks into thin strips.
- Peel the carrots, celery and potatoes, and cut the vegetables into cubes.
- Peel the onion and cut it into rings.
- Heat the oil in a large pot.
- Fry the onion cubes until they become translucent, stirring constantly, and add the remaining vegetables.
- Lightly fry the vegetables as well. Keep stirring so that nothing sticks to the bottom of the pan.
- Deglaze the vegetables with water and add the lentils to the pot.
- Add a sprig of fresh thyme or so dried thyme and add half a teaspoon of salt.
- Cover and let the vegan lentil soup simmer on low heat until the lentils and vegetables are tender. Depending on the type of lens, this takes about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, wash and chop the parsley.
- Season the vegan lentil soup with salt and pepper.
- Just before serving, sprinkle the soup with parsley.
Notice: If you use lentils, cook them in a separate pot in plenty of water for about 40 minutes until they are soft. Add them to the vegan lentil soup as soon as the vegetables soften. Beluga lentils and mountain lentils have a significantly shorter cooking time. Therefore, you can cook them together with vegetables.
Advice: If you like creamy soups or would prefer to use red lentils for a vegan lentil soup, you can puree them with an immersion blender before sprinkling them with parsley.
Read more at Utopia.de:
** marked with ** or underlined in orange Some links to supply sources are affiliate links: If you shop here, you actively support Utopia.de, because then we get a small part of the sales revenue. More information.
Do you like this post?
Thank you for your vote!