Chicken Soup Recipe: A delicious classic soup that’s so simple
Author: Aline Neissner
What could be nicer than drinking warm soup on a cold, cloudy day? Chicken soup is not only delicious, but it warms you from the inside and is simply beneficial.
Chicken soup is probably one of the most famous soups and is popular in many families. Recipes are passed down from generation to generation, and everyone has developed their preferences over time – either with or without pasta, with green vegetables for soup or other vegetables, with egg cream or special spices.
However, chicken soup is not only convincing in taste. It is also considered a simple, anti-inflammatory home remedy for colds, although this has not been scientifically proven. By the way, chicken soup can serve not only as a main meal, but is also perfect as an appetizer for a holiday menu.
with soup-Recipe from TAG24, now you can easily cook the classic chicken soup that many people know from their own childhood.
Classic chicken soup | Recipe
Preparing a heart-warming chicken soup is not that difficult and requires only a few kitchen accessories.
- cutting board
- a sharp kitchen knife
- a large pot
- if necessary, another pot or a large bowl
- a cooking spoon
- possibly a sieve
chicken soup | Ingredients
The listed ingredients make approximately four servings of chicken soup:
- 1 chicken for soup (approx. 1.5 kg)
- 1 bunch of vegetables for soup (e.g. carrot, parsley, leek, celery)
- 1 onion
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 cloves
- Salt and pepper
- extra pads as needed (see “Tips” below)
chicken soup | Step by step cooking instructions
1. Step: First, wash the chicken for soup thoroughly inside and out, then dry it with kitchen paper. Use a sharp knife to cut off the fat gland on the tail (the so-called butt). This is to prevent a rancid taste.
2. Step: Place the chicken in a large pot and cover with enough water. Add salt and pepper. Add bay leaf, cloves and onion with skin and bring everything to a boil. The onion skin should give a stronger color.
3. Step: Simmer on medium heat for about 90 minutes. From time to time, remove the foam with a spoon so that the soup remains clear.
4. Step: In the meantime, the greens for the soup can be washed, peeled and cut into pieces of about two centimeters.
5. Step: After the cooking time is over, the chicken is removed from the pot and placed on a large plate. Onions and other solids are removed from the broth. Alternatively, everything can be poured through a sieve into another pot.
6. Step: Separate the chicken meat for soup from the bones while it is still warm, so it will be easier to peel. Remove the skin and cut or tear the meat into small pieces.
7. Step: Add chopped vegetables and meat to the soup and simmer for another 30 minutes. Add salt and pepper.
Before serving, you can sprinkle some fresh parsley on the chicken soup. If you want, you can eat a slice of bread with the soup.
With these tips, your chicken soup will be perfect
Advice #1 Chicken breast instead of chicken for soup: In addition to chicken for soup, other parts of chicken such as legs, neck or bones can be used to prepare chicken soup. Alternatively, of course, chicken breast can be used. However, this means that the soup cannot be as strong.
Advice #2 Attachment for filling: If you want the chicken soup to be even more filling, you can add finely chopped pieces of potato or rice in the last step. Noodles and semolina dumplings are also excellent. However, in order for them to remain al dente, it is necessary to cook them separately and add them to the soup just before serving.
Advice #3 Vegetables: Everyone can also vary according to taste with regard to vegetables. It is up to you whether you want to use frozen or fresh seasonal products. Peas, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, broccoli, asparagus, mushrooms or beans can be added to soup greens.
Tomato soup with a difference: This simple ingredient makes it extra delicious
Advice #4 Ginger: The addition of ginger gives the chicken soup a slightly spicy note. In addition, the root releases its valuable health-promoting compounds.
Advice #5 Endurance: Freshly prepared soup will keep in the refrigerator for several days. But it can also be filled in suitable cans and frozen so that you can take it out and enjoy it anytime.
TAG24 wishes you good health and good appetite!
Cover photo: 123rf/katyjay